LLATL - Green Teacher Book (3rd Ed.)
by Diane Welch & Susan Simpson
Based on dictation lessons, the Everyday Words unit teaches grammar, sentence structure, and sentence diagramming using classical literature for the middle school (6th grade) student. The Poetry Unit encourages an appreciation while memorizing, reciting, and analyzing various poems. In the Short Story Unit, students will analyze the elements of a story, develop a plot line, write dialogue and much more. In the Research Unit, students will learn how to do research in an easy to follow step by step plan for student and teacher.
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans. Teacher friendly, with little or no teacher preparation needed!
- Three Unit Studies
- Short Story
- Three Book Studies
- The Star of Light by Patricia St. John
- Adam and His Kin by Ruth Beechick
- Much Ado About Nothing - a play by William Shakespeare
- Each Book Study contains a summary, vocabulary skills, reading comprehension, and exciting activities.
- The Skills Index provides an easy skill reference.
- Review Activities follow each lesson providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments aid teachers in identifying strengths and weaknesses.
The Green Student Activity Book is the perfect companion for the Green Teacher Book! Everything in one book: student instruction, a place for writing, and a tool for easy record keeping. Allows for more independent work, a BONUS for teachers. The Green SAB provides Enrichment Activities such as word puzzles, analogies, logic/reasoning activities and more found ONLY in the SAB. (Answers are found in The Teacher Book.) Please note: The Student Activity Book cannot be used independently.
"Learning Language Arts Through Literature... Thank you for this curriculum which helps to make our homeschooling experience a positive one!"
Homeschool mom, Ohio
"I love this curriculum. It is so thorough and my kids really enjoy the approach."
Homeschool mom, Gloucester, VA
"I began using Learning Language Arts Through Literature when my ninth grader was in second grade, and have used it ever since – it’s the best!"
Sheri R., Homeschool mom
|Publisher:||Common Sense Press|
|Size:||8.5" x 11"|