by Debbie Strayer & Susan Simpson
Looking for an enjoyable way to teach reading? Here's the answer! The Common Sense Reading Program, the Blue Book, for first grade skills, is the perfect reading program for beginning readers.
Click here for a placement test to see if this is the right level for you.
- Phonics instruction using the "Successful Reading for Beginners" series. Your student begins reading stories right away!
- Read-aloud stories and "real books" provide a basis for important reading and higher-order thinking skills. Grammar skills are integrated throughout the lessons.
- Handwriting instruction teaches upper and lower case letters, numbers, and punctuation! Illustrated practice sheets encourage your student to do his best.
- Assessments enable teachers to evaluate progress. Essential to the program, consumable Student Activity Books may be purchased separately.
- Games, activities, and hands-on projects make this a dynamite combination!
- Our first grade reading program includes a Teacher Book, a Student Activity Book, 28 readers, and a materials packet, all packaged in a convenient, attractive full-color box.
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans.
- Includes all the language arts skills: phonics, reading, spelling, grammar, and higher order thinking skills.
- Handwriting Skills: Instruction and work pages included!
- A systematic phonics approach includes: short and long vowels, consonant blends, word families, and sight words.
- Assessments help teachers evaluate reading progress.
- Games, word-wheels, flip books, and MORE hands-on projects and activities are effective for ALL types of learners.
- Lessons require little or NO preparation!
The following classic children's books are not included in this box set and will need to be purchased or found through your library in order to fully utilize this curriculum:
Who Took the Farmer's Hat? by Nodset, Joan L. published by HarperCollins.
Goodnight Moon by Brown, Margaret Wise published by HarperCollins.
The Story of Ferdinand by Leaf, Munro published by Puffin-Penguin Group.
Caps for Sale by Slobodkina, Esphyr published by HarperCollins.
The Snowy Day by Keats, Ezra Jack. 1962 published by Puffin-Penguin.
Bedtime for Frances by Hoban, Russell published by Harper Festival.
The Little House by Burton, Virginia Lee published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Old Hat New Hat by Berenstain, Stan and Jan published by Random House.
Make Way for Ducklings by McCloskey, Robert published by Puffin-Penguin.
The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Potter, Beatrix published by Penguin Group.
Blueberries for Sal by McCloskey, Robert published by Puffin Books-Penguin.
Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by Burton, Virginia Lee published by Houghton Mifflin.
The Runaway Bunny by Brown, Margaret Wise published by HarperCollins.
|Common Sense Press
|8.5" x 11"