by Debbie Strayer & Linda Fowler
The Paths of Progress: Extension extends the grade level for teaching with Paths of Progress up to a high school level. Students will use one additional reader for each unit plus a few extra reference/study materials. This Extension provides additional reading assignments, vocabulary words, research and reporting, Enrichment Activities, and a new "Menu" section that allows students to delve in deeper and make more connections with the same topics taught in the Paths of Progress text.
Please note: This supplement is not a stand alone curriculum. You must have Paths of Progress text curriculum in order to use the Extension.
Books used with the Paths of Progress: Extension:
- Great Leaps, Unit 1 — The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss
- Making Connections, Unit 2 — 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
- Perseverance Pays Off, Unit 3 — The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Cultivating Greatness, Unit 4 — Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Success Takes Flight, Unit 5 — Miracles on Maple Hill by Virginia Sorensen
- Reach for the Stars, Unit 6 — Eric Liddell: Pure Gold by David McCasland
- The Gift of Music: Great Composers and Their Influence
- Whatever Happened to Penny Candy?
- A Bluestocking Guide: Economics
- Writers INC: A Student Handbook for Writing and Learning
- Discovering the History of Medicine
- Human Anatomy Coloring Book
Get the complete package of the extension lessons as a Digital Download with all books listed above and save 15%!