by Debbie Strayer & Susan Simpson
The Purple Book is a blend of dictation and unit studies including poetry, oral presentations, and speech making. Lessons integrate all the fifth grade language arts skills: grammar, creative writing, composition, spelling, higher-order reasoning, and study skills.
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans. Teacher friendly, with little or no preparation needed!
- Everyday Words: Students hone in on grammar skills through dictation and writing exercises.
- Speech Making and Oral Presentation Units: Students learn how to make oral presentations such as speeches and stories.
- Poetry Unit: Additional creative writing and expression are taught extensively using poetry.
- Four Book Studies
- Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Trumpet of the Swan by E.B.White
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
- Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink
- Each book study contains a summary, vocabulary skills, reading comprehension, and exciting activities.
- The Skills Index provides an easy skill reference.
- Review Activities follow most lessons providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments help teachers to evaluate student's progress.
The Purple Student Activity Book is the perfect companion for The Purple Teacher Book! Everything in one book: student instruction, a place for writing, and a tool for easy record keeping. Allows for more independent work, a BONUS for teachers. The Purple SAB provides Enrichment Activities such as word puzzles, analogies, logic/reasoning activities and more found ONLY in the SAB. (Answers are found in The Teacher Book.)
Please note: The Student Activity Book cannot be used independently.
"I am loving the Learning Language Arts Through Literature Blue Book. I wish I’d found it with my oldest daughter because it makes teaching to read so easy and we love using this program. My 2nd grader loves to read and do the activities in The Red Book. She is eager to do her lessons every day. My 5th grader loves the literature she is reading along with The Purple Book. She wrote her first poem during the poetry unit and it was wonderful!"
Anissa D., Homeschool mom
|Common Sense Press
|8.5" x 11"