This carefully-constructed Junior Extension (grades 1-3) is designed to coordinate with your main Paths of Settlement manual and provide you with a flexible and stress-free way to give your younger student a sense of ownership and inclusion in your family learning experience. Your student will learn about the founding of our great nation and the accomplishments of leaders who built upon the trail blazed by brave explorers, while being challenged by interaction with older students, and gaining a strong foundation of developmentally appropriate skills.
Incorporate younger students across multiple subject areas with quality literature, meaningful discussion, thoughtful notebooking and hands-on learning. Unify your homeschool day and encourage a lifelong love of learning with Settlement Junior.
Due to various issues related to COVID-19, the following titles are currently out of stock. The publishers of the books are in the process of reprinting them; the dates in parenthesis are when the publishers expect to have them (not necessarily when we will receive them in our warehouse).
- The Usborne Children’s Encyclopedia (first week of January)
Your package will ship without this book. We will get it to you as soon as we receive them. Our apologies for this inconvenience.
Make your choice from one of the packages below.
The Basic Package includes the Teacher's Manual, digital downloads of the Student Notebook Pages, and all the required resources except the Learning Language Arts through Literature grade level book. Get this package if you already have LLATL or are using another language arts curriculum.
In addition to the Teacher's Manual and digital Student Notebook Pages, the items in this package are:
Core Resources—used throughout the year
- Eyewonder Weather (978-1465444721)
- The Usborne Children’s Encyclopedia (978-0794528430)
- The Train of States (978-0060578404)
- Janice VanCleave’s Earth Science for Every Kid (978-0471530107)
- O, Say Can You See? (978-0439593601)
- Smart About the Presidents (978-0448433721)
- Junior State Notebook (978-1628631159)
Growing Pains—Unit 1 Resources
- If You Lived at the Time of the American Revolution (978-0590674447)
Freedom Decided—Unit 2 Resources
Nation Building—Unit 3 Resources
- Thomas Jefferson’s Feast (978-037582289)
- Washington is Burning (978-0822560500)
- Red, White, and Blue: The Story of the American Flag (978-0448412702)
House Divided—Unit 4 Resources
- Abe Lincoln: The Boy Who Loved Books (978-1416912682)
- Escape North! The Story of Harriet Tubman (978-0375801549)
- The Gettysburg Address (978-0395883976)
Unity Restored—Unit 5 Resources
- When Jessie Came Across the Sea (978-0763612740)
- National Geographic Readers: Ellis Island (978-1426323416)
Sea to Shining Sea—Unit 6 Resources
1st Grade Package is the Basic Package + LLATL Blue Book box set
2nd Grade Package is the Basic Package + LLATL Red Book box set
3rd Grade Package is the Basic Package + LLATL Yellow Book Student Activity Book
The Resources Only Package does not include the Teacher's Manual, Student Notebook Pages, nor any of the LLATL books.
Learning Language Arts Through Literature
Settlement Junior uses Learning Language Arts Through Literature Blue, Red, and Yellow Books for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades, respectively. Select the package that meets your child's grade level. If you do not need the LLATL books, select the Basic Package.